Colby was forced to live outside and was covered in fleas and matted hair. He has a skin infection and heartworm disease but he's on the road to recovery!.
Asia is beautiful. She has an athletic body and a 'bikini body'. She is slim and muscular and absolutely stunning. Asia, however, has a sad past, abused since puppyhood in her prior home She was taken away by animal control only to be petrified in a shelter and soon to be euthanized until AFHAR stepped in. Our hearts went out to her because of her sad past and now Asia will never be hurt again. Although she is safe she still needs a loving home so she does not have to live her life in a shelter. Asia loves other dogs and follows their lead. She will do best in a home with a well balanced dog and an experienced owner. Please don't let Asia live her life in a shelter. She deserves a chance at a good life and we believe she will be well behaved in a home that will give her structure, kindness, and lots of playtime. Asia loves the water and to play with a hose! One of our fantastic volunteers, Melanie, brings Asia to her home every week for swimming in her pool, playtime at the lake and lots of hugs and kisses. Please help us find the right home for Asia or apply to adopt by clicking our "Adoption Application" tab above.
Seniors for Seniors Program- What? Adopt an old dog?
We have recently implemented a new program called Seniors for Seniors, whereby a Senior who adopts a senior dog age 10 and older will receive an adoption discount. The regular adoption fee for a senior is $150.00 and now will be $75.00 for seniors.
1. Senior dogs at shelters need homes just as badly as younger dogs. Many older dogs were once owned and loved by someone. For whatever reason, they were given up and abandoned in a shelter and are in need of a home. Just like puppies and younger adoptable dogs, they make loyal and loving companions.
2. Adopting an older dog may save its life. Many people are quick to adopt puppies and younger dogs, often overlooking dogs over the age of five. Shelters are overcrowded and unfortunately, older dogs are among the first to be euthanized if they aren’t adopted in a timely manner.
3. Older dogs usually come trained and understand at least basic commands. Most older dogs are potty-trained and have mastered the basic commands such as “sit,” “stay,” “come,” and “down.”
5. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Dogs can be trained at any age and older dogs are just as smart as younger ones. Older dogs have a greater attention span than a puppy, which make them easier to train.
6. Older dogs are calmer and less energetic than younger dogs.
7. Older dogs make instant companions. Unlike a puppy, which requires leash training, etc. an older dog is ready to accompany you on a long walk and already knows how to play fetch.
All these dogs are up for adoption and you can see more photos and stories on the adoptable dogs tab above.
Chico is a crankly little guy at times and has been waiting a very long time for a home. He just needs someone with patience. Please give him a chance.
A Forever Home Animal Rescue, Inc.
Welcome to A Forever Home Animal Rescue, Inc. 501(3)(c) non-profit organization saving lives throughout Florida.
AFHAR has an adoption facility in Yalaha, Florida which is a temporary home to approximately 25 dogs at any given time. There we give homeless dogs a place to be loved, cared for, trained and hope for a home. Our average intake is about 20 dogs per month coming in from shelters, as strays, or owners who can no longer care for their pet. We also provide boarding services of which 100% of proceeds goes to rescuing dogs or cats. To find out more about volunteering and to fill out an application to volunteer click here. To find our dogs for adoption click here. We have several cats for adoption as well. Please go to www.petfinder.com or www.rescueme.org for a full list of all pets for adoption.
AFHAR has been offered a piece of property to make our dream come true of moving and building our own facility. To find out more click here.
Dingo must have been abused because he does not trust people. Sandy, our amazing kennel worker has done wonders with this dog. He just needs a patient owner.
JOIN US AT OUR ON-GOING EVENTS!
Every Saturday from 3pm - 6pm - PetSmart in Winter Garden Village, Winter Garden, FLCome meet our dogs for adoption!
Every first and third Saturday of the month 10am - 2pm - Tractor Supply, Leesburg, FL
Every other Friday 10am-1pm PetSmart in The Villages (June 12, 19, 26 - July 10, 24 - August 7, 21 - Sept. 4, 18)
June 19 is a special event.
Country Manor Boarding and Adoption Center, 26135 Bloomfield Avenue, Yalaha, FL 34797.
Visiting Hours: 11:00am - 4pm,
7 days a week. If you are interested in boarding your dog, please call for an appointment. All proceeds are used to help rescued dogs.
Call or email 407-221-1855
SPECIAL EVENT: July kicks off a month long "Save Our Butts" event at Polka Dotz Chic in Winter Garden Village, Polka Dotz Florida Mall and Pandora Store Wesley Chapel. Purchase any Pandora pet charm and $5 will be donated back to our rescue! You can order by phone or stop in. Every charm makes a difference! Please help us reach our goal of $5,000 and make a difference in the lives of so many that need us.
Polka Dotz Chic 407 877 2222
Polka Dotz Florida Malll 407 582 9990
Pandora Store Wiregrass Wesley Chapel 813 907 1309
Thank you for supporting us!
LUKE AND FURO
These two boys eat together, play together and sleep together. They would be heartbroken if separated. Any room out there for 2 sweet, wonderful dogs? .